Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16613 Discussions

Chip Planner "show delay" option

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Under Chip Planner in Quartus II 10.1, I have the "show delay" option selected. However, no delay numbers of any kind appear on the Chip Planner layout with either fan-in or fan-out connections highlighted. Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?  

Thanks for your help, 

Owkmann
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I hate the Show Delay option(but it always seems to be on for me). Note that I don't list paths in the Chip Planner directly, but instead run report_timing or report_path in TimeQuest and then right-click -> Locate Path -> Chip Planner. That brings it up and it always seems to have Show Path selected so I get a ton of numbers. Of course, the numbers are also in the timing report(and more detailed and easier to read) so I just use them from TimeQuest. Just a suggestion.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have the same problem (show delay doesn't show the box with the delay value on top of the connection). I am curious if Chip Planner can pull this information from the database, or relies on TimeQuest to provide it. 

BTW, are you on Windows or Linux? I am having this problem with 11.1.2 Quartus on Linux, wonder if I should try other versions or Windows...
0 Kudos