Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16614 Discussions

Error during QSYS Generation: sequencer/sequencer.elf not found (Ubuntu 20.04)

jyun_criticallink

Hello,

I am currently in the process of porting an existing project from Quartus Prime 18.1 to Quartus Prime 22.1. The Platform designer was able to upgrade all the existing IP to version 22.1. However, during the Generate HDL step, the generation fails with the error message:

Error: s0: Cannot find sequencer/sequencer.elf

I believe that this has something to do with the DDR3 UniPHY SDRAM controller not being instantiated correctly, similar to : Related Thread 

Any suggestions or help?

With Regards,

Joshua Yun, Critical Link

Here is the stack trace of the error if this is useful:

Error: s0: An error occurred
while executing
"error "An error occurred""
(procedure "_error" line
invoked from within
"_error "Cannot find $seq_file""
("if" then script line 2)
invoked from within
"if {[file exists $seq_file] == 0} {
_error "Cannot find $seq_file"
}"
(procedure "alt_mem_if::util::seq_mem_size::get_max_memory_usage" line 14)
invoked from within
"alt_mem_if::util::seq_mem_size::get_max_memory_usage [file join "sequencer" "sequencer.elf""
invoked from within
"set calc_mem_size [alt_mem_if::util::seq_mem_size::get_max_memory_usage [file join "sequencer" "sequencer.elf"]]"
("if" then script line 2)
invoked from within
"if { !$do_only_rw_mgr_mc && !($bfm_mode || $hps_mode)} {
set calc_mem_size [alt_mem_if::util::seq_mem_size::get_max_memory_usage [file join "sequenc..."
(procedure "generate_qsys_sequencer_sw" line 943)
invoked from within
"generate_qsys_sequencer_sw $prepend_str $protocol $pre_compile_dir $fileset $inhdl_dir $rdimm $lrdimm 0 0 $nios_hex_file_name $ac_rom_init_file_name ..."
invoked from within
"set seq_mem_size_list [generate_qsys_sequencer_sw $prepend_str $protocol $pre_compile_dir $fileset $inhdl_dir $rdimm $lrdimm 0 0 $nios_hex_file_name ..."
("if" else script line 2)
invoked from within
"if {[::alt_mem_if::util::qini::qini_value alt_mem_if_seq_size_request 0] > 0} {
set seq_mem_size [::alt_mem_if::util::qini::qini_value alt_mem_if_se..."
(procedure "alt_mem_if::gen::uniphy_gen::generate_qsys_sequencer" line 238)
invoked from within
"alt_mem_if::gen::uniphy_gen::generate_qsys_sequencer "${name}" $protocol $tmpdir $fileset {}"
invoked from within
"set qsys_sequencer_files_list [alt_mem_if::gen::uniphy_gen::generate_qsys_sequencer "${name}" $protocol $tmpdir $fileset {}]"
(procedure "alt_mem_if::gen::uniphy_gen::generate_sequencer_files" line 3)
invoked from within
"alt_mem_if::gen::uniphy_gen::generate_sequencer_files $name "DDR3" $tmpdir QUARTUS_SYNTH"
invoked from within
"foreach generated_file [alt_mem_if::gen::uniphy_gen::generate_sequencer_files $name "DDR3" $tmpdir QUARTUS_SYNTH] {
set file_name [file tail $genera..."
(procedure "generate_synth" line
invoked from within
"generate_synth dev_5cs_fpga_ddr_s0"

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jyun_criticallink

Note: I have reinstalled all the 32 and 64 bit libraries mentioned in the Linux installation guide such as referenced in this link

0 Kudos
AdzimZM_Intel
Employee

Hi Joshua Yun,

If you generate only the DDR3 UniPHY SDRAM IP, do you see similar issue?

Can you check the software requirement in Table 1 in the link below?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683472/22-1/software-requirements-07130.html

If you have done that and the issue still exist, I would like you try on Quartus Prime Standard Edition version 21.1 if possible.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software-kit/684187/intel-quartus-prime-standard-edition-design-software-version-21-1-for-linux.html

Regards,

Adzim

0 Kudos
jyun_criticallink

Hello,

Thank you for responding to the issue promptly.

I've tried your instructions and here are the results:

I have verified that all the requisite software is installed and running, specifically the i386 versions of everything.

I made a minimal example of the only the DDR3 SDRAM IP as shown in the attachment, and it results in the exact same error as posted above.

It however did work in Intel Quartus 21.1, with the full project generation, and there was no problem generating the sequencer.

Would this then be a problem exclusive to 22.1, and is there any resolution to this problem?

With Regards,

Joshua Yun

0 Kudos
jyun_criticallink

Hello I was wondering whether there was any update to this issue.

We would prefer to use the latest tools supported by Intel and this is the main problem that is still stopping us.

0 Kudos
powARman
Beginner

Hi,

we experienced the same issue with 22.1 on Linux, while the same project with 21.1 works fine. Are there any news on this issue?

Best regards

Andreas

0 Kudos