Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

** Error: (vsim-3033)

Elias97
Novice

Hello, good afternoon, I am writing this post to ask you about an error that modelsim gives me when simulating my project, in which I am using two components: PLL intel fpga ip and PLL Reconfig intel fpga ip, these two components were generated from the Quartus 18.0 library and I made a top level in which I instantiated the two previously named components. The project synthesizes well and does not give errors, but when performing the simulation, I select the top level to simulate and it gives me this error: # ** Error: (vsim-3033) /build/swbuild/SJ/nightly/18.0std/614/l64/work/modelsim/eda/sim_lib/altera_lnsim.sv(27863): Instantiation of 'cyclonev_ffpll_reconfig' failed. The design unit was not found.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Done simulation. Check the file and image attached. Go to folder simulation -> modelsim -> execute test_run_msim_rtl_vhdl.do in modelsim.

Do make sure IP .sip file are included for compilation.

If still got error, modify the test_run_msim_rtl_vhdl.do like below:

Uncommented (#) this line vcom -93 -work work {Z:/test/pll_modelsim/pllreconfig.vho}

Suppress error (vsim-10000): vsim -suppress 10000 -t 1ps -L altera -L lpm -L sgate -L altera_mf -L altera_lnsim -L cyclonev -L rtl_work -L work -L pllreconfig -L pllreconfig -voptargs="+acc" PLLS_tb

Then execute the modified test_run_msim_rtl_vhdl.do in modelsim.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Sheng

Elias97
Novice

Sorry for the inconvenience, but the solution is not acceptable, since the project would stop being portable, because for the simulation to work I have to modify the .do file so that it correctly routes my folders, do you have any other solution for avoid that problem?

0 Kudos
Elias97
Novice

Thank you very much for the help, I managed to solve it. What was the change I made to fix it?

0 Kudos