Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16613 Discussions

HPS_CLK1 and HPS_CLK2 input clocks not present in HPS IP

Sangamesh_NV
Beginner

Hi, 

Using quartus 22.1 std for cyclone V SoC.

I have created an HPS IP using platform designer, Used the qip file into quartus project and did early pin planning using ppf file. The IO port list consists of all the hps dedicated pins but there are no input clocks :

HPS_CLK1 and HPS_CLK2. 

Tried to add these into port list but they are getting assigned to different locations and not able to edit to the required location. The locations assigned are not clock dedicated.

as Fitter locations are read only, I cannot edit the pin location.

How do I assign the correct location for these input clocks?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Those are dedicated pins so they should be there.  Check your device handbook and the HPS user guide to find the correct locations if you don't see them in the Pin Planner.

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

You need to check your pin out for your specific device, what is the part number of your Cyclone V device?

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Do you have any update from your side?

0 Kudos
Sangamesh_NV
Beginner

Hi, 

Sorry for the delayed response. 

Those two clock pins are assigned to dedicated locations in the pinout report generated after compilation. 

But they are not present in the pin planner. 

Anyways they are getting assigned as required.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for the update, does your design compilation working okay now?

Do you require further help on this ticket?

0 Kudos
Sangamesh_NV
Beginner

Hi, 

Yes the design compilation is working fine.

Thank you for your response.

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

0 Kudos