Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

How to Examine EPM7128S?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I'm trying to extract the binary from an EPM7128SLC85 so I can program new chips. The original developer left the company a few years ago and provide no documentation and I have no idea where the up-to-date source project is -- I do have an old version. 

I'm using USB Blaster Rev. C. I go to Tools -> Programmer, then click Auto Detect, and it finds the Device EPM7128S, but all programming options area disabled except Blank-Check. 

According to the post titled 'Gray out the checkbox "Erase" and "Examine"' (which I'm not allowed to link to), I need to use Quartus II 9.0, SP2, which I am, but Examine is still disabled. 

Is there another step I need to do? Do I have any other options for getting the data from the chip? 

The device I'm trying to extract from is for an internal tool used to test the I/O on one of our products. We're now down to the last tester, so they want a few backup chips. 

Thanks in advance, 

Jon
0 Kudos
0 Replies