Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16614 Discussions

OpenCL installation for the arrow sockit board

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am trying to install opencl for the arrow sockit board but I'm having trouble installing the FPGA board. In the "Altera SDK for opencl, getting started" manual, on page 1-10 it is said that one should download the custom platform for the FPGA board from the board vendor's website. I downloaded the custom platform toolkit for windows from this webpage : http://www.altera.co.uk/products/software/partners/opencl/opencl-board-partner-index.html

After that I followed the directives of the "altera sdk for opencl, custom platform toolkit user guide": I set the AOCL_BOARD_TOOLKIT_ROOT to point to the custom platform subdirectory in which I have the board_env.xml file and I changed the attribute "name" in the board_env tag of the board_env.xml file to point to the installation directory containing the custom platform. 

<?xml version="1.0"?> <board_env version="13.0" name="board_package"> <hardware dir="hardware" default="template"></hardware> <platform name="linux64"> <linkflags>-L%a/linux64/lib</linkflags> <linklibs>-lalterahalmmd</linklibs> <utilbindir>%b/linux64/bin</utilbindir> </platform> <platform name="windows64"> <linkflags>/libpath:%a/host/windows64/lib</linkflags> <linklibs>alterahalmmd.lib </linklibs> <utilbindir>%b/windows64/bin</utilbindir> </platform> </board_env>  

When I type the command aocl board-xml-test I get this : 

board-path = c:\altera\13.1\hld\board\c5soc\board_package 

board-default = template 

board-hw-path = c:\altera\13.1\hld\board\c5soc\board_package/hardware/template 

board-link-flags = /libpath:c:/altera/13.1/hld/host/windows64/lib 

board-libs = alterahalmmd.lib  

board-util-bin = c:\altera\13.1\hld\board\c5soc\board_package/windows64/bin 

When I type aocl install I get this message : 

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 

no board installation routine supplied.  

please consult your board manufacturer's documentation or support  

team for information on how to properly install your board.  

and when I type the command : aoc --list-boards, I get this : 

board list: 

none found 

What could be the problem? 

I am working in windows 7 64 bits and have installed the versio 13.1 of quartus, cyclone v and stratix v support device, opencl for altera.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am trying to install opencl for the arrow sockit board but I'm having trouble installing the FPGA board. In the "Altera SDK for opencl, getting started" manual, on page 1-10 it is said that one should download the custom platform for the FPGA board from the board vendor's website. I downloaded the custom platform toolkit for windows from this webpage : http://www.altera.co.uk/products/software/partners/opencl/opencl-board-partner-index.html

After that I followed the directives of the "altera sdk for opencl, custom platform toolkit user guide": I set the AOCL_BOARD_TOOLKIT_ROOT to point to the custom platform subdirectory in which I have the board_env.xml file and I changed the attribute "name" in the board_env tag of the board_env.xml file to point to the installation directory containing the custom platform. 

<?xml version="1.0"?> <board_env version="13.0" name="board_package"> <hardware dir="hardware" default="template"></hardware> <platform name="linux64"> <linkflags>-L%a/linux64/lib</linkflags> <linklibs>-lalterahalmmd</linklibs> <utilbindir>%b/linux64/bin</utilbindir> </platform> <platform name="windows64"> <linkflags>/libpath:%a/host/windows64/lib</linkflags> <linklibs>alterahalmmd.lib </linklibs> <utilbindir>%b/windows64/bin</utilbindir> </platform> </board_env>  

When I type the command aocl board-xml-test I get this : 

board-path = C:\altera\13.1\hld\board\c5soc\board_package 

board-default = template 

board-hw-path = C:\altera\13.1\hld\board\c5soc\board_package/hardware/template 

board-link-flags = /libpath:C:/altera/13.1/hld/host/windows64/lib 

board-libs = alterahalmmd.lib  

board-util-bin = C:\altera\13.1\hld\board\c5soc\board_package/windows64/bin 

When I type aocl install I get this message : 

No board installation routine supplied.  

Please consult your board manufacturer's documentation or support  

team for information on how to properly install your board.  

and when I type the command : aoc --list-boards, I get this : 

Board list: 

none found 

What could be the problem? 

I am working in windows 7 64 bits and have installed the versio 13.1 of quartus, cyclone v and stratix v support device, opencl for altera.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos