Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16614 Discussions

Platform Designer - clock bridge : Interfaces must be on the same clock domain

ALMSlinger
Novice

Hi,

To split up the a large clock tree, I inserted a clock bridge in my platform designer file. 

Now, I have one PLL generated clock CLK --> clk bridge --> cout_0, cout_1, cout_2.

The clock bridge frequency is set to "0" so "derived" from what I can see.

Previously, I had CLK going to IP blocks - A,B,C.

Now I have :

cout_0 --> A, 

cout_1 --> B,

cout_2 --> C

There are custom data busses that connect between A--> B --> C.

Doing this throws a connectivity error.  It says that A.databus and B.databus should be on the same clock domain.  

The "clock domains" tab in platform designer gui  shows that all the modules are in the "CLK" clock domain. i.e. the input clock to the clock bridge.

How can I fix this this error?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
SyafieqS

Seem like to me the clock bridge you inserted is not properly synchronizing the clocks for the data buses A, B, and C, which is causing the connectivity error. To fix this, you need to ensure that the data buses are properly synchronized to the same clock domain.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

What are A, B, and C using for reset?  Perhaps the resets are synchronous to a different clock domain.

Screenshots would help.

0 Kudos
ALMSlinger
Novice

They use common reset that is synchronous to the clock generated by the pll.  The same clock that is input to the clock bridge.  I even tried to add a parallel reset bridge which did the same thing as the clocks.  But that doesn't help.  I get the same error.

Thank you.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Can you show screenshots of parameters and how you're connecting things?

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Any update from previous reply?

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided. Please login to https://supporttickets.intel.com/, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

p/s: If any answer from community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark as solution, give Kudos and rate 5/5 survey

0 Kudos