Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16614 Discussions

Qsys components in ModelSim/ Streaming data format adaptor

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I want to model a Qsys system. I really just want to model the streaming data_format_adaptor, I need to verify that it can convert fast enough. Basically I have a 256 bit input and a 96 bit output or some other output combination (and a reverse scenario also), but it needs to be continuously streaming in and conversion at rate (in a single cycle with no gaps in between output being valid). There really isn't any useful information on this IP, but would not like to code my own if this works for my application obviously. Anyway, I tried running the commands in the tcl script that is generated and a few things happend. It complains, altera_lnsim.sv cannot find package, etc. I looked in the tcl script and it specifies ModelSim-Altera. Are the generated models only useful with ModelSim-Altera, I am using ModelSim DE+ (mixed mode). Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
0 Replies