Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16614 Discussions

Ubuntu: Modelsim + Simulating NIOS 2

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I've installed the newest version of Quartus (16.0 with update) in the light version. Furthermore I've installed modelsim altera light edition.  

Now I want to simulate a NIOS 2 system (very simple, just to start with simulating using NIOS 2, jtag-uart and some pio). I generated all the files via qsys and started a project via nios2eds, which just output something and using some leds on the Atlas-SoC Board (which works on Hardware). 

But when I want to simulate with modelsim, I always get an error like this: 

# Compiling /tmp/myname@mypc_dpi_5505/linuxpe_gcc-4.7.4/exportwrapper.c# ** Fatal: ** Error: (vsim-3828) Could not link 'vsim_auto_compile.so': cmd = '/home/myname/bin/Altera/Modelsim/modelsim_ase/gcc-4.7.4-linux/bin/gcc -shared -fPIC -m32 -o "/tmp/myname@mypc_dpi_5505/linuxpe_gcc-4.7.4/vsim_auto_compile.so" "/tmp/florian@florian-laptop_dpi_5505/linuxpe_gcc-4.7.4/exportwrapper.o" '# (vsim-50) A call to system(/home/myname/bin/Altera/Modelsim/modelsim_ase/gcc-4.7.4-linux/bin/gcc -shared -fPIC -m32 -o "/tmp/myname@mypc_dpi_5505/linuxpe_gcc-4.7.4/vsim_auto_compile.so" "myname@mypc_dpi_5505/linuxpe_gcc-4.7.4/exportwrapper.o" >'/tmp/questatmp.Yxzdke' 2>&1) returned error code '1'.# The logfile contains the following messages:# /home/myname/bin/Altera/Modelsim/modelsim_ase/gcc-4.7.4-linux/bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.7.4/ld: cannot find crti.o: No such file or directory# collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status# # No such file or directory. (errno = ENOENT) 

OK, I thougt, this could not be so hard to fix. I installed all the libs I found which must be installed. I also tried to copy the crti.o lib from /usr/lib into the lib directory and so on, but nothing helps.  

Does anybody has the same issue and know a fix? Is this a modelsim mistake or a behaviour from linux/ubuntu? 

Thanks for help!
0 Kudos
0 Replies