Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

VCS Support in Altera

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi , 

Could any one help me in using the VCS (Synopsys ) tool for the altera simulated project ..  

I have the complete project working in th altera ,I already simulatedin modelsim (Modelsim-Quartus) , But if Ilike to do the same simulation in VCS it is showing error in maintaining the hirarchy ... is there any process to get out of it??  

Please suggest me the complete flow on how to simulate the altera project in VCS .  

Waiting for a reply.. 

Thanks, 

Srinath
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Start by reading the available documentation. 

In Quartus on-line help on the Contents tab, go to "Integrating Other EDA Tools --> Using Other EDA Simulation Tools --> About Using the VCS Software with the Quartus II Software". 

In the Quartus handbook, see Volume 3, Section I, Chapter 3, "Synopsys VCS Support". 

Search www.altera.com for "VCS". There are many search hits.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply... 

I am doing aproject where I am using onboard SSRAM .I am Using Nios II Evaluation Board Cyclone III (EP3c25F324C6) device ..  

I need to use the 32 bits data .. but while I am assigning the pins to the pin no: 1, 0 . There is an error which is showing that it can not assign to that pin ... 

But the cyclone III Board document has the pin numbers given ..  

Why this error has been popped up Is there a way to do ???
0 Kudos