Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16614 Discussions

feature loss in quartus 10 web edition? (and 11)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi! 

I've just noticed that I'm not longer able to move a PLL from one location to another. I get errors when I try it with the chip planner and I can't find the drop down menu to choose the location in assignment editor. 

What I did now is recompile the project with quartus 9,1. Move the PLL to another location. Compile again. Open the project with quartus 10/11. Voilà! My PLL is in the place I want it to be. 

The errors I mentioned tell me on the one hand that I need a subscription licence to use Incremental Compilation. But I already needed it in version 9. 

On the other hand one error says that quartus can't place the clock control block "due to possible conflicts with the location constraints of the inclk source". @_@ (The moved PLL is fed by another one) 

Has altera taken that feature out on purpose or is this a bug - or is it my fault in the end? 

Best regards! 

Sören
0 Kudos
0 Replies