Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16614 Discussions

simulating aldq_dqs2 megafunction

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, I hope I'm not asking something that already been asked before but here goes: 

I've tried simulating the altdq_dqs2 megafunction (tageting arria V device) but I'm getting modelsim mixed language errors as I'm simulating the megafunction using a VHDL testbench and it would seem that while the megafunction generates the core with a VHDL wrapper, the core is still written in verilog (hence the mixed language errors)... 

I'm using the free altera-modelsim for simulation and quartus 13.0sp1 web edition. 

Is it infact possible to simulate a megafunction such as this using the single language version of modelsim-altera, and a vhdl testbench or am I expected to purchase modelsim/DE/PE? 

It would seem that starting with the V series FPGA's (cycloneV, ArriaV,stratixV) a number of megafunctions (transceivers for example) can't be simulated with a VHDL testbench. 

I even tried compiling the design and generating a .vho netlist and simulating it, but quartus 13.0sp1 doesn't generate .vho netlists for these device! 

Many thanks in advance. 

MM
0 Kudos
0 Replies