Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16614 Discussions

why programmer can't access JTAG Chain

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Someone plz help me......urgent...!!!!!!! 

may i know, manual step to make board ALtera DE2 is connected with my pc (i use window 7and Quartus 9.1v).  

It is because I already connected it using USB bLASTER and the computer have already detect it but when i want to programmer, it said can't access JTAG Chain. 

For ur info. i have already change it this software compability to window xp........ 

what should i do.......plz.......
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

QII 9.1 is not supported by Win7. QII10.0 which is going to release soon will support on win7.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am using Quartus II 9.1 SP2 web edition on Windows 7 and it works fine with DE2-board. So the problem might be somewhere else.. 

Can you program in AS-mode?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

what do you mean?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Actually, I think it's likely that the configuration mode settings on your board are set for AS programming mode and you're attempting to access the JTAG chain. This won't work. You need to read the board documentation (available from Terasic's website...if you don't have it) to determine if this is the case.

0 Kudos