Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2836 Discussions

Intel don't work after rename server et change ip

AGUNS
Novice

Hello !

The intel ema server was working before making the name and ip change. The server is on windows server datacenter 2019.
When I try to access the server via the web interface, I get errors. I guess the problem is accessing the database (it's on the same server).

In C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Platform ManagerPlatform Manager Server\settings.txt I changed the old "emahostname" to the new server name but nothing changes.

In EMAServerInstaller.exe I tried to set the new server name to "database Server" but errors occurred and so the old server name remained.

When I access the database with the "sa" account using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, I have full access.

Thank you for your help,
Alexandre

0 Kudos
1 Solution
5 Replies
AGUNS
Novice

Other: the sa account for the sql database has the sysadmin role and I saw this in the doc:

"If the account used by the Intel EMA services is granted the sysadmin role, and that is later removed, access to the database will no longer work.".

I don't know.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello AGUNS,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Please share with us the exact steps you used to change the EMA server’s IP and name? Also why did you need to change the EMA server's name and IP?

Best regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
AGUNS
Novice

Hello,

This is a vm that has been moved from one hypervisor to another.

The change of name and ip was done in the classic way via windows.

This was necessary and mandatory for the company's network policy.

Thank you for your reactivity,

Alexandre.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello AGUNS,

Thank you so much for contacting Intel customer support,

We are glad to know that you found a solution. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos