Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2836 Discussions

Provisionning don't working on LAN-less device

AGUNS
Novice

Hello !

Full provissioning in admin control mode only works when the device is physically connected with an rj45 cable.
The problem is that we have devices without rj45 ports.
After multiple tests (with WiFi), the device remains in client control mode with AMT status: "Pending Activation".
After some research, I understand that this means that the pki dns suffix was not registered in the mebx and that to do this, the pc had to be connected with an rj45 or via the conf with a USB key?
I'd like to know if COMPLETE remote configuration is still possible for this type of device.

Info:
Intel EMA version: v1.12.2.0
Drivers/Bios pc up to date

ps: on the screenshot, the agent version is 1.11.1 because I've just updated the server: the problem was already present before the update.

thank you for your help.

Alexandre.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Eduardo_B_Intel
Employee

Hello AGUNS,

I wish you an excellent day, Sir.

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support for your case. It is not possible to validate the connection between the EMA Server and the Endpoints when the machine is using a LAN-less connection.  Therefore, the only option is adding in the endpoint MEBx the PKI DNS suffix of the Certificate chain. Remote provisioning requires wired connections or MEBx configuration before doing the provisioning.  The USB provisioning option is kind of dated at this point. 

Warm regards, 

Eduardo B

Intel Customer Support.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Eduardo_B_Intel
Employee

Hello AGUNS,

I wish you an excellent day, Sir.

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support for your case. It is not possible to validate the connection between the EMA Server and the Endpoints when the machine is using a LAN-less connection.  Therefore, the only option is adding in the endpoint MEBx the PKI DNS suffix of the Certificate chain. Remote provisioning requires wired connections or MEBx configuration before doing the provisioning.  The USB provisioning option is kind of dated at this point. 

Warm regards, 

Eduardo B

Intel Customer Support.

AGUNS
Novice

Hello Eduardo,

Thank you for your clear answer. 

Thank you for your reactivity.

Alexandre.

0 Kudos