Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2836 Discussions

intel ema agent other network installation

KJ_Ochea
Beginner

Hi everyone, I am new to vpro and I already simulated a local area network installation and managing the endpoints around my local area network. Now I want to install the EMA  Agents to endpoints that has other networks. I am not that really expert about Intel EMA and hoping that you can help me how to create a EMA Agent that is for endpoint devices in other networks. Thank you in advance for those who can help me.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello KJ_Ochea,

Thank you for your response.

We always recommend having the latest version of EMA and the endpoints fully updated (OS, BIOS, and drivers); however, we don’t think the EMA version has something to do with this issue. Please make sure all the ports found in the link below are open for EMA and AMT to have full communication with the endpoints.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/manageability-products/intel-ema-server-installation-and-maintenance-guide.pdf#page=12

Best regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello KJ_Ochea,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

You can follow the video found in the link below to setup a new AMT profile that will allow you to connect to endpoints outside your network.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEArKvvszS8 (Minute 4:41 to minute 10:08)

Best regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
KJ_Ochea
Beginner

Good Day Victor_G_Intel,

Thank you for your quick response.

I did  all the steps that was in that video and still not getting a connection of my endpoints, I am wondering if this has something to do with the version of Intel EMA that I used, I am using the latest version which is the Intel EMA v1.12. Or do I have to do some configuration of my router?

Regards,

KJ_Ochea

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello KJ_Ochea,

Thank you for your response.

We always recommend having the latest version of EMA and the endpoints fully updated (OS, BIOS, and drivers); however, we don’t think the EMA version has something to do with this issue. Please make sure all the ports found in the link below are open for EMA and AMT to have full communication with the endpoints.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/manageability-products/intel-ema-server-installation-and-maintenance-guide.pdf#page=12

Best regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
KJ_Ochea
Beginner

Good Day Victor_G_Intel,

Thank you for the guidance, It now works thanks to you, it just needs to open the other ports in order to work.

Regards,

KJ_Ochea

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello KJ_Ochea,

Thank you so much for contacting Intel customer support,

We are glad to know that the information provided has been helpful. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos