Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Dell XPS 15 R200 detection / DCM install problems

VBaka
Beginner

I googled and read the posts, but nothing has worked up to now... I disabled the built-in camera, installed and re-installed the SDK and

I have a Dell XPS 15

Intel I7-6700HQ

NVIDIA 960M

USB3

I see the camera in Device Manager. But when I go to install the DCM, it with the dreaded no camera detected. All of the examples fail to init.

Surprisingly enough - the camera does work on a Surface 4, which has way weaker specs.

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi VessBakalov,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel Realsense Platform.

I have a couple of questions before we start looking for a solution to your issue:

1) Which Realsense camera are you using?

2) Did this error was triggered when you did a Windows update?

3) Which version of Windows are you using?

I will be waiting for your reply, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose.
0 Kudos
VBaka
Beginner

Jose, thanks for responding.

1) I am using the R200 - the model on the back is VF-0830.

2) I don't know if it was a windows update. The computer is new and I completed the update processes before I received the camera. I guess to rephrase - it never worked since I got the camera.

3) I am running Windows 10 Home. 64bit. Version 1607. OS Build 14393.576

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi VessBakalov,

Which SDK version are you using? If you are using the R3, in this version the R200 is no longer supported. You have to use the SDK R2 if you want to continue working with the R200, you can find it in this link .

Best Regards,

-Jose.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi VessBakalov,

Where you able to solve your issue with the R200? Please let us know in order to assist you.

Best Regards,

-Jose.
0 Kudos
GBoyd
Novice

If you have automatic update installed in your update settings (in the Check For Updates window) then Windows will download and install fixes automatically as they are released, if they choose to release an individual patch for the issue. Apart from that, the only way to get a fix now may be to download the entire build.

Clicking the 'Update History' button on the Check For Updates window will list recent updates, telling you if a RealSense-related fix has been installed lately. Check https://guideusermanual.com/product-name-xps-15-9530-late-2013-manual&po=152307&lang=English Dell XPS 15 Manual for further support.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi fager,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel® Realsense Platform.

We appreciate that you share this information with the community, it will be really useful for other users experiencing this issue.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
0 Kudos