Items with no label
3335 Discussions

How can my program detect shutdown of emitter of d435 camera?

GKurt2
Beginner

I work with D435 camera. Librealsense version is 2.16.3. Firmware version is 5.10.6.

A specific of the project requires to connect camera to computer with USB 2.0. During camera acting surrounding luminance may change abruptly.

Sometimes after the luminance change emitter is shut off, white points at IR frames disappear and depth map has a lot of holes.

To reproduce the occurrence I execute 'realsense-viewer' tool and repeatedly close camera by palm for 1-2 seconds. The occurrence appears 1 time of 5 (on average).

Such shutdown of the emitter doesn’t appear when I use USB 3.1 at testing equipment.

How can my program detect described emitter shutdown?

Thank you.

Gennadiy.

1 Reply
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I think it would be better to look at the problem from the perspective of why the laser would shut off. Typically the cause of the laser deactivating is one of these:

1. The temperature of the camera has exceeded a certain level.
  2. There is an electrical problem occurring within the camera.

But the fact that you can use the camera successfully with USB 3.1 would suggest that the camera hardware is functioning correctly.

Given that the capabilities of the camera reduce considerably on a USB 2 connection, it may simply be that the camera has difficulty coping with the test conditions on a USB 2 connection with limited data bandwidth.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/blob/master/doc/RaspberryPi3.md

0 Kudos