Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Where to get latest stable RealSense dlls?

SMath17
Beginner

Hello,

I know we need these two dlls:

realsense2.dll

Intel.Realsense.dll

But I am not sure how to keep these updated. I found 2 ways to get the latest

1) Install latest SDK from https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/releases and get the dlls from install directory

2) Get the latest master from https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense build it and get the dlls from here

Which one should I be using? Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If you are using Windows then you could get pre-built versions of the DLLs by downloading and installing the executable version of the SDK and then going to the Intel RealSense SDK 2.0 > bin > x64 folder of the SDK and finding the DLLs there.

1.png

If you are using Linux or some other non-Windows operating system then I recommend building the drivers from source to ensure that the installation is best compatible with your particular hardware and operating system setup.

Comparing the master downloaded as a zip from the main SDK page to the one obtained from a source-code zip download from the Releases page, they are identical in size and contents. So it is likely to be a matter of personal preference which one is used. I personally prefer the Releases page because of the clear version numbering, though if you are always going to be using the latest version of the DLLs then the Master branch on the main page will be an equally suitable location to obtain that version from.

Using the Releases page may be especially useful if stability is vital for you, as it gives you the option of holding back from using the very latest version until you can confirm how stable it is.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If you are using Windows then you could get pre-built versions of the DLLs by downloading and installing the executable version of the SDK and then going to the Intel RealSense SDK 2.0 > bin > x64 folder of the SDK and finding the DLLs there.

1.png

If you are using Linux or some other non-Windows operating system then I recommend building the drivers from source to ensure that the installation is best compatible with your particular hardware and operating system setup.

Comparing the master downloaded as a zip from the main SDK page to the one obtained from a source-code zip download from the Releases page, they are identical in size and contents. So it is likely to be a matter of personal preference which one is used. I personally prefer the Releases page because of the clear version numbering, though if you are always going to be using the latest version of the DLLs then the Master branch on the main page will be an equally suitable location to obtain that version from.

Using the Releases page may be especially useful if stability is vital for you, as it gives you the option of holding back from using the very latest version until you can confirm how stable it is.

0 Kudos