Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12606 Discussions

BOA causing kernel timeout error?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I tried to enable BOA for the first time in a year or more. After the system comes up and BOA is started, I can see the demo page and CGI demo as usual. However after about 120 seconds I get: 

INFO: task boa:33 blocked for more than 120 seconds. 

Did I forget to do something? 

Thanks in advance - Alex
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thats just a warning, BOA is still running. But it would be nice to know how to fixx this :)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, or at least a way to turn it off. At the moment it dumps a bunch of crap to the console window which is an annoyance and uses resources. Thanks for your thoughts on this. -Alex

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sorry to bring this up again, but does anyone have any idea how I may turn this off. It turns out that dumping all of the stack info takes enough time that a watchdog timer in my application goes off. If this is normal behavior for boa is it possible to disable the stack dump info? This is really annoying. Thanks in advance --Alex

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

How did you start boa ? The self-daemonizing does not work with a no-MMU Kernel, so you should do:  

boa -d & 

("-d" means not self daemonize) 

-Michael
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hey Michael, sorry it took so long to respond. You are exactly correct I needed the -d option. Maybe it would be good to add this line, commented out, in the default RC file. Thanks again, Alex

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Maybe it would be good to add this line, commented out, in the default RC file. Thanks again, Alex 

--- Quote End ---  

"boa &" seems to have been working with a previous version of boa.  

With an MMU enabled distribution, just "boa" should do.  

So we need more than just a comment in the RC file, You might want to update the NIOSWiki appropriately. 

-Michael
0 Kudos