Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Board Description Editor

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm trying to use the Board Description Editor in SOPC Builder 5.1 to set up a board description for a custom board. I work through the various tabs, setting up devices, pass-throughs, etc. When I use the Preview Pin Mapper, everything seems to look okay. All my devices are listed and all their pins are there. 

The problem appears when I try to use my board description in SOPC Builder. I put together my system with CPU, flash, SDRAM, etc. I select my board from the list. However, when I go to the Board Settings tab, I am unable to choose any of the devices on my board under the Target Device column. The only option I'm given is "Assign in Quartus II Project". Has anyone had any success with this? 

In addition, if at this point I try to "Edit Board Description...", the Board Description Editor pops up, I can see my Netlist and Flash Memory settings but the Nets, Devices and Pass Through tabs are completely empty. 

Furthermore, if I exit SOPC Builder and then start it up again, it does not respond to any input at all.  

Any help would be greaty appreciated. 

Dennis Scott 

Microtronix Datacom
0 Kudos
0 Replies