Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12612 Discussions

However, the TSE MAC driver is not ready yet, and the ethernet won't work.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I have seen there words on the Wiki about the uclinux: 

"However, the TSE MAC driver is not ready yet, and the ethernet won't work." 

I use NEEK.So that means I can not use TCP/IP stack to do the communication using ethernet if I use uclinux OS from the Wiki? Right? 

If so,I think my only choice is to use uclinux from System Level Solution cor if I want to do the ethernet communication. 

Can anyone tell me ?:confused:
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I use NEEK.So that means I can not use TCP/IP stack to do the communication using ethernet if I use uclinux OS from the Wiki? Right? 

--- Quote End ---  

In the Wiki there is a binary uCLinux demo (ZIP file), loadable from the SD-Card by the NEEKs "Altera Loader"s menu, that uses TCP/IP over Ethernet (on the "Open Ethernet" driver).  

-Michael
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Thank you for your reply. 

So you mean that the ethernet can be used on NEEK in the uclinux system provided by the wiki? 

Hope somebody to update the instruction words.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Please do read the Wiki. 

-Michael
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Thank you.I noticed that the words telling that the ethernet can not work are in the first step called "tryouruclinux". So I think the ethernet will work if I compile and build the kernel. Sorry for my previous carelessness.:D
0 Kudos