Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

NIOS V IPs Licensing

Njoroge
Beginner

I am running Intel Quartus Prime Standard for 90 days using the evaluation license. I also needed an additional license for Questa Intel Edition which I have managed to install. I now find myself unable to license the NIOS V IPs. It's like I have to choose between the 90-day evaluation or the NIOS V license but not both, in the software's "Tools -> License Setup" window.

Attached is a screenshot. The software reads the license file "LR-161270_License.dat" for the 90-day evaluation but the NIOS V IPs are not licensed because that license file doesn't include them. Checking the "Use LM_LICENSE_FILE Variable" just below uses the "LR-165165_License.dat" file which in my case is purely for the NIOS V IPs but it disables the 90-day evaluation license.

Can you not use a NIOS V license alongside an evaluation license or is there a workaround?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
FvM
Valued Contributor III

Did you try to enter both licenses? Syntax:
license1.dat;license2.dat

It's also possible to merge the license files.

0 Kudos
Njoroge
Beginner

I've tried the syntax and there's still errors arising from unlicensed NIOS V IP. How would one merge the licenses?

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Welcome to INTEL forum. To further check could you provide the details

Name :

Email Address :

Company Name :

Company Address :

Attach evaluation license and NIOS V IP license.dat file.

Also provide the error message screenshot

For privacy, reply/attach file in private message.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos