Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

nfs server not responding

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,  

I have a strange problem. I have developed a system in which there is a Nios II system and a memory which is connected to Nios 2 system through pio ports. I am using a C program to write data into the memory and then read the contents of the memory and then dunp it in a file on my host PC. The data to be written to the memory is located on a file in my host PC. But when I start reading the file and sending data to the memory, I can send and read 56 datas but then i get the following msg on the sdk shell: 

nfs: server 192.168.4.9 not responding, still trying 

nfs: server 192.168.4.9 not responding, still trying  

nfs: server 192.168.4.9 OK 

Can you please suggest what is the problem?  

- sony
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

try add option, -o nolock,rsize=1024,wsize=1024

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi hippo, 

i tried the options u mentioned but the same thing was there and I couldnt figure out anything.. 

can you suggest anything else... 

- sony
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi hippo, 

i did tried the option u mentioned it was like this: 

-o nolock rsize=1024,wsize=1024 

does it make any difference to omit the ',' in between nolock and rsize? just wanted to ask as due to weekend I cannot try it till monday... 

- sony
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by sony_sony@Jun 9 2006, 07:21 AM 

hi hippo, 

i did tried the option u mentioned it was like this: 

-o nolock rsize=1024,wsize=1024 

does it make any difference to omit the ',' in between nolock and rsize? just wanted to ask as due to weekend i cannot try it till monday... 

- sony 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=16068) 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

I ahd the same problem. Try "proto=tcp," just before the rsize parameter.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I guess i figured out the solution and the problem too http://forum.niosforum.com/work2/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif ... 

I added the option &#39;hard&#39; when mounting and even though i still get the msg as before, ie server not responding, but after sometime the program resumes. Earlier the program used to exit.  

I tried the following.. 

mount -t nfs 192.168.4.9:/ext_disk/home/sony /mnt/nfs -o nolock,hard,rsize=1024,wsize=1024 

The problem appears to be in the fact that the device I was trying to mount was on a machine running on Solaris and the nfs version was not ver 3. I havent used a linux machine for the same but I am sure I will be able to solve my problem. 

fmcmurra : I guess the "proto=tcp" option is for the case when we use nfs ver 4. Still thanx for your reply. 

- sony
0 Kudos