Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14561 Discussions

14700K Idle temperatures Sporadic Spikes of +15 Degrees

Stephen14700K
Beginner

Hi Intel,

I havee a 14700K (white pc) cooled by a Corsair H150i Elite XT LCD AIO. 

Please see this video of the PC from power ON to windows screen idling. 

https://youtu.be/nUXeiEPZ0d8

With windows open and just typing this message my CPU temperatures are sporadically jumping from 33 to 43, 33 to 48, 33 to 53 degrees etc while under 3-4% load with no increase occuring when the jumps occur and no operations performed on the PC simply idling at the desktop. In games the temperatures go to 55 then spike up to around 70 thereabouts for the same one second duration.

The below video is my other PC sitting next to my 14700K which is a 10900K (black pc) showing very stable idle temperatures without fluctuations or spikes. 

https://youtu.be/2YrkSGFgqyI

I have never seen CPU temperatures behave this way as my previous system seen above (black pc)  is using a different brand of cooler NZXT and it is very constant the CPU temp never changes over a 1 second period by more than 3 degrees unless im stress testing or gaming it goes to a low 52 55 ish and stays within 3 degrees of that number.

I am extremely tempted to throw the CORSAIR cooler out and grab another NZXT cooler however i am concerned the issue is with the CPU itself as there is no extra load applied and the stability of temperatures is vastly different to that of my 10900K (black pc).

Thank you if you can please help me! This is a build for my sons gaming PC and it gives me anxiety seeing all the temperature changes when my 10900k (black pc) is so stable in temperature.

Kind Regards,

Stephen

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Stephen14700K
Beginner

See attached results files 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Stephen14700K,

From the temperature you have given, it still seems lika normal temperature however, I understand your concern about the power spikes and we want to check this well. Kindly please run our Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) so we can check for any thermal throttling. You may use this link: 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/17881/intel-extreme-tuning-utility-intel-xtu.html

You may also send us the logs so we can be more familiar with your setup. 

Also what is the current power supply of your system? 

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Stephen14700K, 

I am just following up about the information we have asked in my previous post. Please share it with us so we can check this further for you. Thank you. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Stephen14700K,

As we have not heard a response from you in the past days, we will proceed in closing this case. Should you need further assistance, feel free to post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos