Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14551 Discussions

14700KF Giving Terrible Performance Discussion

Schmitty
Beginner

I cannot get my 14700KF on an Asrock Z690 Velocita PG motherboard(has the most recent bios) with G SKill Trident 6400mhz RAM (XMP enabled but also can never reach the 6400mhz so it is set to 5800mhz)running on Windows 10 Pro with a 1300 Gold watt PSU to score more than 22,000 in Cinebench R23. My 13600KF was scoring 24,000 on Cinebench R23 before I installed this 14700KF on the current setup.

In the Intel XTU 2.0 benchmark through the app I received a score of 6800 marks with my temp at 67C. According to the HWBOT chart the average for a 14700KF should be 11600.

I have tried undervolting the cpu, running at 5.4 ghz at 1.30 vcore (this was stable and temps were low 90's for the Cinebench R23 run), lowering the core clocks for all P cores to 5.2 ghz and even 5.0ghz, lowering the PL1 and PL2 settings to 250 to ensure temps are under 80C while running the test, running at bone stock settings and nothing improves the score. Supposedly benchmark reviews have this CPU averaging around 35,000 for a run on Cinebench R23 so I am not sure why mine is performing so low. I also cannot even get 3D Mark Time Spy to run without running fully to give me a benchmark score no matter what settings I have used for the CPU(even stock). It will cut short and say this test has been cancelled.

While gaming, I am not noticing any gains in FPS compared to the 13600KF I just took out to drop the 14700KF in.

The BIOS is showing the P-Core rating to be 82, E-core at 74 and CPU quality at 79 for the 14700KF.

Did I get a defective CPU? Any help would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Schmitty
Beginner

image.png

Apparently this processor shows there are 0 physical E Cores when there should be 12

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Schmitty, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. Before I coordinate this with my team, I want to be able to be more familiar with your configuration, kindly please share with us your SSU logs so we can check it for you. You may download it at this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html. Additionally, were you able to stress benchmark it using the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility? 

Would you also please share with us a screenshot of the results? 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Schmitty, 

I am just checking in for an update regarding the information we requested. Kindly please let me know about this information in this post so we can identify the next steps that we need to take. Thank you. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Schmitty, 

I hope you are doing well. As we have not heard a response in the past few days, we will proceed in closing this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

We wish you the best in your future endeavors! 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos