Adam19
Beginner

I have bought a new PC with

Intel i7-14700k

Gigabyte Z790 D DDR4 Motherboard

DDR4 Ram 128 GB

Aorus Waterforce 2 Cooler 360

Windows 10 Pro

Problem is that CPU stucks with base clock speed of 3.39 Ghz. It doesnt go up neither in stress test nor in heavy CPU intensive workload. From BIOS i have checked, turbo boost is enabled.

I dont know what is the problem or there is some settings that i m missing.

Currently i m using it without a graphcs card but i will add 3060ti soon.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Adam19
Beginner

Problem is solved. Turns out BIOS update fixed the problem. Board had BIOS of 2 months before the launch of 14th gen processor. So its kind of stupid from my side to not update the BIOS to its latest version.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Yuki14
Novice

Hello @Adam19 , may I know the monitoring software you used in determining your processor speed? What is the application you used in performing stress test? How is your system utilized? 

Nonetheless, you just have to ensure that your system has no physical constraint that will prevent the processor from reaching its max turbo frequency. Examples of physical constraints of the processor could be power delivery and thermal solution.

• Make sure your processor thermal cooling solution is appropriate for your system.
  • Make sure that processor power limits (PL1, PL2) are allowing the processor to reach its maximum turbo boost frequency.  Contact your system vendor for questions/instructions.

Also ensure that is up to date and/or reset to its default settings. 

You can also run this test called intel processor diagnostic test just to check if your processor is performing as expected, you can install the application through this link, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15951/intel-processor-diagnostic-tool.html

It would be helpful if you can also provide you SSU logs, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

0 Kudos
Adam19
Beginner

Problem is solved. Turns out BIOS update fixed the problem. Board had BIOS of 2 months before the launch of 14th gen processor. So its kind of stupid from my side to not update the BIOS to its latest version.

0 Kudos