Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14562 Discussions

Atom N2600 and Memory Timings

KHans13
New Contributor I

Hi all,

A few months ago, I bought a 2 GB stick of G.Skill RAM to put in my Gateway LT4004u netbook. It's rated at DDR3/1600 CL9. As I understand it, my Atom N2600 underclocks the RAM to 800 MHz. I was hoping to get CL5 at that speed out of the RAM, but when I started up CPU-Z 1.64 to check, all of the fields were blank. The program can read the SPD of the stick just fine, but it doesn't report any values in the Memory tab (other than its size). Is there any way to see what timings my RAM is running, and even better, change them if needed?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
KHans13
New Contributor I

I tried running HWInfo32, and it reports that my RAM is running at 5-5-5-14 timings. Huzzah!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
FGonz6
New Contributor III

Normally that option can be found and edited in the BIOS under configuration>memory overrides tab, but due to the fact that your system is an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) you may want to contact Gateway* so they can confirm if this option can be seen in your BIOS.

You may want to contact them at 800-846-2301

0 Kudos
KHans13
New Contributor I

Tried calling, got told my product is not eligible for tech support. I bought it refurbished, maybe that's why.

Now what? I've tried using other tools like CPU Tweaker and SPD Reader, both of which failed.

0 Kudos
KHans13
New Contributor I

I tried running HWInfo32, and it reports that my RAM is running at 5-5-5-14 timings. Huzzah!

0 Kudos