Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14552 Discussions

CLOCK_WATCHDOGS_TIMEOUT

TomboySupremacy
Beginner

i have recently been getting alot of blue screens and everytime it says CLOCK_WATCHDOGS_TIMEOUT. 

does anybody know what causes this issue? i have seen poeple say that the CPU is bad and that it needs replacement but my CPU is not even 2 years old.

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5 12600KF 

RAM: Corsair DDR4 Vengeance 8x2gb 3600

Motherboard: gigabyte z690 aorus elite ddr4

PSU EVGA Supernova 750 watt

GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070

0 Kudos
11 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello TomboySupremacy, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. There are several factors that cause the error message that you are receiving. To make sure that your system is in optimal configuration, kindly share with us your Intel System Support Utility logs. To check if there is a specific trigger for the BSOD, is there any software or app open before the BSOD happens? Does the issue happen before Windows boots up as well? 

I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
TomboySupremacy
Beginner

sorry i forgot to mention that whenever i put on XMP on in the bios my PC crashes as well with the same error. i can do the system support utility also with XMP enabled if that would help

0 Kudos
TomboySupremacy
Beginner

my RAM seemed to be part of the issue i removed 1 stick of ram and the PC was fine for an hour or so then it crashed again after that i put CPU vcore protection to turbo  and the issue went away.

i will be getting a new RAM set soon and i will test the CPU again 

i have sent the INtel system utility logs 

i only get the crash after windows is booted and it mostly happens when i start up a game but it also happens randomly 

there doesnt need to be any software open to get a blue screen

i have started windows without any software open and after an hour of just letting it sit on the Desktop it crashed

i can do intel system support utility without the vcore protection on turbo too if that would help?

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello TomboySupremacy, 

Thank you for letting us know. Just to confirm, after removing the one stick of RAM is the issue still occurring? For now the logs are enough and I can confirm your system is up to date, however, if the issue disappeared after changing the RAM, it is most likely to be a RAM issue indeed. Please confirm this detail before we proceed for further troubleshooting. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
TomboySupremacy
Beginner

hello iu have replaced the RAM sticks adn i still have this issue 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello TomboySupremacy, 

Thank you for letting us know about this. May I please know the make and model of the RAM you have used in your system? Additionally, since you mention the CPU has been with you for 2 years, are there any recent changes that you have made in your system before the issue occurs? Are there any pending updates on your windows as well? I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
TomboySupremacy
Beginner

hello thanks for the reply 

there have not been any changes on the CPU there arent any pending updates on windows aswell and the make of the RAM is Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8gb 3600  

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello TomboySupremacy.

Thank you for replying back to us. Since that is the case , kindly please try the following steps: 

• Try to load the default BIOS setting in your system.  Refer to the motherboard manufacturer for specific instructions on how to load the default settings.
  • Try to get a fresh image of the operating system.
  • Start the system in minimal configuration. Minimal configuration: motherboard, processor, power supply unit, and one DRAM module.
  • If possible, test with another processor or motherboard.

For your reference, you may visit this articles:

Let us know how it went. If your system shows overheating symptoms ( high temperature, random reboots and take a while to boot up) kindly please let us know the cooling system that you are using so we can further help you with the troubleshooting. I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello TomboySupremacy

I am just checking in if the above troubleshooting worked for you. If the issue still persists, please let me know so we can further assist you.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
TomboySupremacy
Beginner
Hello i am sorry for the very late reply, i have been a bit busy
But i have returned my CPU and i will test again when i get the new CPU. Thank you so much for replying and helping
0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello TomboySupremacy,

Thank you for responding back to us. Let us know if the issue still exists so we can further assist you. I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos