Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14552 Discussions

Core i5-14500 overheating without load

1di9
Beginner
I've installed the mentioned CPU wiith stock air cooler on motherboard Asus Rog Strix Z790-H and the result is the cpu temperature is always above 85 degrees even with a 25% or less CPU load. Cooler fan almost always runs at maximum speed making a lot of noiose with no effects on temperature level.
The heatsink appears to be mounted correctly, no overcklock applied and motherboard is not again mounted in case. Whats wrong?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Either the cooler is improperly mounted or the TIM (heatsink paste) is poorly applied.

...S

0 Kudos
1di9
Beginner
I did not applied termal compound to the stock cooler because I thought the one provided already applied could be enough.
Cooler appears correctly mounted, is fixed and locked.
Mine is online a test, I don't remember the last time I used the stock cooler on an Intel CPU assembled by myself, I have always detested its locking system. I'm waiting to mount a more performant cooler by Noctua. I hope it will perform better than stock one.
0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello 1di9,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Please try the troubleshooting outlined in the link below:

And please let me know the result of your troubleshooting so we can take the next step.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello 1di9,

We are checking in with you to see if you have already performed the troubleshooting steps that we have provided or if you have any additional queries. Please know that we would be happy to assist you if you have any. 

Thank you, and have a great day! 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello 1di9,

We are checking in with you on the overheating issue that we have, as we have not heard any response from you.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello 1di9,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this enquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos