Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14596 Discussions

High Temperature i7 10700F

thais_donega
Beginner

Hi!! I have a i7 10700F running on a Gigabyte MoBo around 90ºC all the time (speedfan) and about 100ºC in CPUID HWMonitor. I'm doing NOTHING (around 8% of usage in task management) and still it is super high. Mobo and other stuff seems very fine. I can't even underclock it.

I assemble it myself less than a year ago and I'm using the cooler that came with the CPU. I do have more 2 coolers, one for GPU (GeForce 740 - not in use) and one in the computer case. 

I don't know when it start to happen since I only notice it when my Windows 10 shutdown for no reason (literally, according to system log event).

Please, can someone help me?

I'm very concerned about the working life of the CPU and I'm a developer / data scientist having to work on Google colab cloud to not melt my system.

* Sorry for my bad English, but Intel doesn't care too much for Portuguese speakers / Brazilian market. Also, all screenshots and reports are attached. 

Thanks for your time. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You've likely done something wrong in the assembly of your system. Your processor cooling solution is (1) improperly installed, (2) improperly configured and/or (3) inadequate for the processor present. Take the system to a repair shop and have them (A) verify the adequacy of the cooling solution and (B) properly reinstall this cooling solution.

Sorry, reality bites,

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You've likely done something wrong in the assembly of your system. Your processor cooling solution is (1) improperly installed, (2) improperly configured and/or (3) inadequate for the processor present. Take the system to a repair shop and have them (A) verify the adequacy of the cooling solution and (B) properly reinstall this cooling solution.

Sorry, reality bites,

...S

0 Kudos
thais_donega
Beginner

I took it to a shop and the problem was some sort of improperly volting/malfunction of original CPU fan. I changed it and now it came back to normality. 

Tks for your answer, anyway

0 Kudos