Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14655 Discussions

High cpu temp

Tcnc
Beginner
Hello, I use a 13900KF with a 360 mm aio to help cool it down, despite this the cpu gets incredibly hot to the point where it throttles and the system shuts down; I’d like to point out that this has occurred in the bios as well as it gets hot so quickly that I’m unable to install windows, I’ve confirmed that my thermal paste application is sufficient and that my aio works as intended, could this be an issue of my cpu? Attached blow are an image of the pc itself and an image from the bios.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
NormanS_Intel

Hello Tcnc,

It's commendable that you've undertaken some initial troubleshooting steps. For a more comprehensive diagnosis, you might find our guide on Overheating Symptoms and Troubleshooting for Intel® Boxed Processors useful. To delve deeper into verification, would it be possible for you to conduct a swap test with an alternate motherboard or CPU?

Furthermore, could you provide the make and model of your motherboard? This information will allow us to verify its specifications accurately. Also, for confirmation, are you currently using the GALAHAD AIO

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
Tcnc
Beginner
Hello, and I’d like to first start off by thanking you for replying to my post, regarding my motherboard I’m using an Asus ROG STRIX Z790-A and regarding my aio while similar it’s actually the Galahad || Trinity 360 mm, I am aware that my motherboard is known to further worsen the stability issue of the latest gen cpus but I’d never imagined it could be this bad.
0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello Tcnc,

I appreciate your prompt reply. Could you kindly confirm whether you've had the opportunity to try the troubleshooting steps outlined in the article provided? Additionally, would it be feasible for you to update your computer's BIOS? I understand that the current issue is preventing the installation of Windows.

To better pinpoint the problem, it would be beneficial if we could conduct a swap test. This would involve placing the processor in a different motherboard or system to see if the issue persists. Please let me know if this is something you can do. Thank you.

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos
Tcnc
Beginner
I’ve gone over the steps except updating my bios, the computer can only remain on for about 3-4 minutes at a time before it shuts itself down, most of the solutions offered by the article don’t really help especially since the pc is so new that most of the problems which are outlined simply don’t apply. I’m also unable to do a motherboard swap as my previous computer is compatible with the 11th gen processors and those of similar make.
0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello Tcnc,

Thank you for your response and the information you provided. I understand that you are unable to perform the other steps in troubleshooting because your computer cannot remain stable. However, have you contacted the place of purchase to inquire whether they can further troubleshoot the issue? If possible, they may perform a swap test, which would be the best step to isolate the issue. Please keep me updated on your progress, and I'm here to assist you further if needed.

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello Tcnc,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to review the questions I posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter. 

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos