Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14552 Discussions

How do I verify Quick Sync is working?

BBarr8
Novice

I have been trying HandBrake and MCEBuddy, and they don't see my system as having Quick Sync enabled. I have the 64-bit version 15.36.7.64.3960 (10.18.10.3960) drivers installed. Is there a way I can verify that Quick Sync is properly setup?

Here is my setup:

• ASUS Maximus VI GENE | ASUS GTX 760
  • Intel i7 4770 | 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series DDR3 2400
  • Intel 235 240GB SSD
  • Intel HD Graphics 4600 (nothing plugged into it)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Bibbit, I'm sorry for the inconvenience I replied to the incorrect thread.

Regarding your issue would you please run a DxDiag on your system and once it finish please search for Quick Sync.

(Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information)

Let me know the results.

Regards,

Silvia L

0 Kudos
BBarr8
Novice

Hello,

I was able to get Quick Sync working. It took me some time to figure it out (BIOS changes and such), but it is now working.

Thanks!

___Bibbit

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Would you please share with us how you got QuickSync working so we can help future customers?

Thanks

0 Kudos
BBarr8
Novice

I turned on the onboard GPU in the BIOS, and then installed the latest video drivers for my CPU's GPU. Then after booting I let the system create a faux monitor for a third monitor, with that monitor being connected to the Intel GPU. The faux monitor shows up as non-PnP monitor. It doesn't work with the faux monitor disabled.

After that I made certain that Quick Sync was enabled in the software I was running and that I used the Quick Sync encoder codec. My transcoding frame-rate went from 20 FPS with 100% CPU to 250+ FPS with 60% CPU. The time went from 2.5 hours to 15 minutes!

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Thanks alot for the information Bibbit.

0 Kudos