Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14565 Discussions

Intel Core i7-9700F Processor 300GHz Drivers, discontinued

Daniel33
Beginner

Hello, I have been trying to download drivers for my Intel processor Intel Core i7-9700F the processor has been discontinued since 2019, when I try and download the drivers from intels website, 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/776137/intel-7th-10th-gen-processor-graphics-windows.html?wapkw=intel%20core%20i7-9700f%20driver

You will get the following error, "No driver was found that can be installed on the current device. Installer Exit code: 8" since the processor is too old I am assuming,

This is the only driver available for me since i'm running Windows10 22H2 

Is there any way I could get an older driver for my Intel processor that is compatible? 

I have the following motherboard  ASUS ROG Strix B360-F Gaming, S-1151 and I don't have the option to activate iGPU multi-monitor in the BIOS on this motherboard.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000088393/graphics.html

Please reach out to me intel if you have a driver available that isn't posted on your website that I can download for my Intel (R) Core (TM) I7-9700F CPU @ 3.00GHz

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Daniel33,

Thank you for posting in our Intel communities.

We wanted to know why you wanted to update your graphics driver. Are you having any issues with your system?

FYI: You don't need to update your graphics driver if you're not experiencing a graphics-related problem with your computer. Reasons for updating your graphics driver: To resolve graphics-related problems. Examples: visual corruption when playing a new game; Windows gives a graphics driver error.

And by the way, may we know your discrete graphics card? so we can check if they have an available graphics driver for your system.

We look forward to your response! 

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Daniel33,

We are checking in with you to see if you have any additional queries or still need our assistance. Please know that we would be happy to assist you if you have any. 

Thank you, and have a great day! 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Daniel33
Beginner

Hello, thank you for your response. I'm considering uppdating my processor because it frequently reaches 100% CPU usage during gaming sessions. This level of usage is unusual for the games I play and causes significant frame rate issues and lag, even though the FPS itself remains satisfactory. The excessive usage appears to be the root of the problem. I have played these games before and the CPU didn't reache 100% usage before, i have uppdated every other component in my system in terms of drivers.

0 Kudos
Daniel33
Beginner

These are my specs.

Intel Core i7-9700F Processor

ASUS ROG Strix B360-F Gaming, S-1151

HyperX Fury DDR4 2666MHz 16GB

Corsair 750watt powersupply.

Kingston A2000 250GB NVMe M.2 SSD

i have another 1 TB SSD.

XFX Radeon RX 6700 XT Speedster QICK 319

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Daniel33,

Thank you so much for the response.

We have checked your processor model, and it was an i7-9700F. In regards to this, you may check out these AMD drivers

to install your graphics driver. 

Furthermore, I would also like to share with you this article, as it provides troubleshooting steps on how to fix high CPU usage:

If you need further help, please let me know.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Daniel33,

Again, we are checking in with you to see if you have any additional queries or still need our assistance. Please know that we would be happy to assist you if you have any. 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos