Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14640 Discussions

Intel Intel Core i9-7960X Processors BX80673I97960X

dujuarez
Beginner

Can someone tell me if this is a Xeon processor?

Thank you.

David

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello dujuarez,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand that you have some questions related to your Intel® Core™ i9-7960X X-series Processor.

In this case, your Intel® Core™ i9-7960X X-series Processor is an Intel® Core™ and not an Intel® Xeon®. An Intel® Xeon® will say Xeon on its name like Intel® Xeon® Gold 5318S Processor, Intel® Xeon® Gold 6330N Processor, Intel® Xeon® Gold 5320T Processor, etc.

As mentioned previously, you have an Intel® Core™ and these processors will have Core on their name like Intel® Core™ m3-8100Y Processor, Intel® Core™ i7-1270P Processor, Intel® Core™ i3-9350K Processor, etc.

If you would like to make sure which processor you have, you can use one of the following articles:

1. How to Identify My Intel® Xeon® Processor Markings for Warranty Requests:

2. How to Identify My Intel® Processor:

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello dujuarez,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand that you have some questions related to your Intel® Core™ i9-7960X X-series Processor.

In this case, your Intel® Core™ i9-7960X X-series Processor is an Intel® Core™ and not an Intel® Xeon®. An Intel® Xeon® will say Xeon on its name like Intel® Xeon® Gold 5318S Processor, Intel® Xeon® Gold 6330N Processor, Intel® Xeon® Gold 5320T Processor, etc.

As mentioned previously, you have an Intel® Core™ and these processors will have Core on their name like Intel® Core™ m3-8100Y Processor, Intel® Core™ i7-1270P Processor, Intel® Core™ i3-9350K Processor, etc.

If you would like to make sure which processor you have, you can use one of the following articles:

1. How to Identify My Intel® Xeon® Processor Markings for Warranty Requests:

2. How to Identify My Intel® Processor:

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello dujuarez, 

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos