Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14554 Discussions

Issues with PCI device and PCI Acquisition and Signal Processing controller

LookBackLover
Beginner

Hello,

I have a Gigabyte G5 GE laptop I purchased at about the end of the last year, and ever since I have gotten it, there was an issue at first with the device drivers. It showed that the SMBus, PCI device and PCI Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller had missing drivers (with a yellow exclamation point).

I was able to fix the issue with the SMBus controller, but it still persists with the other two. I have tried a couple of fixing methods I've found online and that were suggested by the manufacturer of my laptop, but they have not worked. Furthermore, when clicking onto properties for them it shows:

(For PCI Acquisition ...): Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_461D&SUBSYS_866D1558&REV_02\3&11583659&0&20 requires further installation.
(For PCI device): Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_51E8&SUBSYS_866D1558&REV_01\3&11583659&0&A8 requires further installation.

I am unable to get any updates from the device manager, nor the Windows update tab. Also, the Driver Support assistant hasn't seemed to find any issues (I also have a system scan from both that and the SSU if needed). 

I'd greatly appreciate any help I can get, thanks. Deepest apologies if I posted in the wrong board.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
그래요ITech
New Contributor I

Hello, LookBackLover

Hmm, You've encountered a common issue where certain device drivers are not automatically installed or updated through the usual channels like Device Manager or Windows Update. The devices in question are likely related to chipset components or integrated peripherals that require specific drivers.

For the PCI Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller with hardware ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_461D, and the PCI Device with hardware ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_51E8, here's a step-by-step guide to address the driver installation:

1. Go to the Gigabyte support website and enter your laptop model. Look for chipset drivers that are compatible with your system and Windows version. Although you've mentioned it hasn't found any issues, it's worth checking if there's an update to this tool itself or retrying after other steps have been taken.

2. Manual Driver Installation:
• Download the chipset drivers from the manufacturer's website.

• Extract the downloaded files to a folder.

• Open Device Manager, right-click on the device with the missing driver, and select 'Update driver'.

• Choose 'Browse my computer for driver software' and navigate to the folder where you extracted the drivers.

• Ensure 'Include subfolders' is checked and proceed with the installation.

Sometimes, running Windows Update after manually updating the chipset drivers can help resolve remaining issues. If you have system scan files from the Driver Support Assistant and SSU, they might contain useful information. You can share these files with Gigabyte support for further assistance.

If these steps do not resolve the issue, I recommend reaching out to Gigabyte customer support with the details of the problem and any error messages you're receiving. They may provide you with specific drivers or a firmware update for your laptop model.

Remember to restart your laptop after installing any new drivers to ensure they are properly integrated into the system. Keep your data backed up regularly to avoid any loss during system updates or changes.

Cheers,

Max

0 Kudos