Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14562 Discussions

MEI_HECI_CONNECT_FAILED on Intel vPro Processor

devinmarco
Beginner

Hi All

I am reaching out to seek assistance with a critical issue I am encountering on my system equipped with an Intel vPro processor. The problem I'm facing is the dreaded "MEI_HECI_CONNECT_FAILED: Failure to connect with the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) driver."

This issue has been causing significant disruptions, and despite my efforts to troubleshoot, I haven't been able to resolve it independently. The Intel Management Engine (ME) plays a crucial role in system management, security, and maintenance, and its failure to connect is a cause for concern.

Here are some additional details about my system:

• Processor: Intel vPro
  • Error Message: MEI_HECI_CONNECT_FAILED
  • Impact: Disrupted system management and potential security implications

I've attempted the following troubleshooting steps without success:

1. Reinstalling the Intel MEI driver.
  2. Updating the system BIOS to the latest version.
  3. Verifying hardware connections and configurations.

Despite these efforts, the issue persists, and I'm unable to fully utilize the capabilities of my Intel vPro processor.

Therefore, I kindly request the assistance of this knowledgeable community. If anyone has encountered a similar problem or has expertise in troubleshooting Intel vPro-related issues, your insights would be immensely valuable.

Here's what I'm specifically looking for:

• Any insights into the root cause of the MEI_HECI_CONNECT_FAILED error.
  • Suggestions for alternative troubleshooting steps.
  • Recommendations for specific driver versions or BIOS configurations that have proven to be stable.
  • Any relevant experiences or success stories in resolving similar issues.

Your contributions could make a significant difference in resolving this issue and helping others who might encounter similar challenges in the future.

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vipin_Singh1

Hi, Marco; we would like to inform you that we are routing your query to the dedicated team for further assistance.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello devinmarco, 

Thank you for posting a detailed description of the issue you encountered in our communities. I did try to check the link you shared but it did not specify what Lenovo system you are currently using. Would you be able to share your SSU logs? This way we can be more familiar with your configuration. If you prefer, we can also converse by email as I noticed you mentioned that there is a potential implication with the security of your system. I will be waiting for your reply. Thank you. 

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello devinmarco,

I am just looking for an update about your SSU logs. Feel free to share it in this post. You may also let me know if you prefer to continue by email. I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello devinmarco,

I hope everything is alright in your end. As we have not heard a response in the past few days, we will proceed in closing this thread. If you need any additional assistance please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos