Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14639 Discussions

Pentium 4 650 Event ID 35 Error in Windows

idata
Employee

When I installed Vista a few years ago and then upgraded (clean install) to Windows 7 last week I have seen an Event 35 error in the Event Viewer. The description of the two errors shows:

Performance power management features on processor 0 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.

Performance power management features on processor 1 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.

The error crops up every time I boot the system. I figure since I finally have some spare time I would try to resolve the issue.

Has anyone experienced this type of error and if so, what might the solution be? I'm assuming the issue is related to the processor and not the m/b.

I have researched the Internet, this forum and found no solution. Decided to post here before sending a support request to Intel.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

This is a DIY system with an ASUS P5LD2 Deluxe m/b with 4GB of RAM.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Problem has been resolved.

In the BIOS settings, under Intel SpeedStep, there are two options. 1) Automatic... which the descriptive states the OS will handle it; and 2) Disable... where the descriptive states the processor will handle it. I had it set to "automatic" (which was the default) making the wrong assumption and not wanting to "disable" Intel SpeedStep.

Well nothing ventured, nothing gained so I decided to apply the disable setting. For the last couple of days, with about 5 reboots, the error messages have ceased. So I guess we can close this issue.

Bob

0 Kudos