Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14552 Discussions

Problem with Intel Core Ultra 5 125H not detecting HDMI in Ubuntu 23.10

Guest51
Beginner

Hello,

I recently purchased an Ideapad Pro 5i Gen 9 14-inch with an Intel Core 5 Ultra 125H processor. I have installed Ubuntu 23.10 and I cannot seem to connect a display to the HDMI port. It's as if it's not detecting anything.

I have tried with several cables and screens that work with HDMI on another laptop.

Has anyone managed to solve this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JayB_Intel

Hello Guest51,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Before we proceed, please note that the Lenovo IdeaPad Pro 5i (14'', Gen 9) is an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) device, we will try to assist you with general troubleshooting steps even if it’s something not traditionally covered in our support. However, if the issue still persists, you will have to contact the Original Equipment Manufacturer of your device. Your device manufacturer may have altered features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to some components for better compatibility with your system.

Were you able to connect an external display monitor via HDMI if you are running Windows OS? It appears that other users of Ubuntu 23.10 are also having the same issue and it is pointing in to an OS related concern rather than an Intel graphics causing the issue. Kindly check if you are having the same behavior even if you are running Windows OS and let us know the results.

Best regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Guest51, 

We are checking in with you to see if you already have the answers to our questions so we can further isolate our issue.

Thank you, and have a great day! 

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Guest51, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this enquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos