Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14649 Discussions

Q9550 Rev.C1 core voltage 1.50V ?

idata
Employee

hello everyone i am new to this community and i need little info here

my system is XPS730 that come with Q9550, i didn't mention it before until today i see that my Core Voltage is 1.50V (on CPUZ)

on bios i set auto for overvoltage setting and enable C1E and speedstep

the temperature is around 60C, sorry i forgot to screenshot it

is that normal ?

since from what i read around 1.30V is the reference voltage

the weird things is after i restart and check on BIOS it said using 1.20V and when i check CPUZ again it showing 1.30

hope people that know about this especially overclocker can help give me more information

sorry for being paranoid

thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi,

according to intel spec finder the voltage range for that cpu is 0.85v - 1.3625v. Where are you reading the temperature from?

I don't think you can trust CPU-z to tell you the correct voltage. But if you are worried about the voltage, set it manually in the BIOS. YOu need to test which voltage goes best for you. You could start at 1.3, if it works fine you could go to 1.275 and test thta and keep on going, so you find the lowest voltage that is stable. Make sure you know how to reset your BIOS though, just in case. The reason you want to find the lowest stable voltage is because the lower it is the less heat it will give out. Now the temperature, where are you reading it from? what does it say in BIOS?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

thanks for the info

i don't know how it can be goes to 1.50V

but after i restart it back to 1.35V and i found out that NVIDIA control panel the one set that voltage

while on BIOS i set cpu core voltage with auto (1.20V)

now i set voltage 1.15V and got 1 BSOD 0x00000100? (i didnt remember clearly the bsod code)

maybe i should increase to 1.20V?

thank in advance

idata
Employee

i don't know how it can be goes to 1.50V- If you are reading that from CPUz then there is a very very good chance it is not right...google it a bit and you will see that other people are say the same thing.

What do you mean by "but after i restart it back to 1.35V and i found out that NVIDIA control panel the one set that voltage"

If you got BSOD at 1.15v then yes put it upp to 1.20 and see what happens, if it runs and is stable then sorted! If it isn't raise it a bit more..

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

yes, back then after i see 1.50V core voltage, i check some info about it on google abit before restarting...then when i restart it, i check my bios to make sure everything ok (i use default setting (auto) in bios voltage setting, which give 1.20V for core voltage)

after i logged back to windows, i open cpu-z and everest to check it again and i saw 1.35V this time... which i still it bit high, after asking on some forum, people suggesting me to set voltage manually

but then i found out that the culprit is NVIDIA control panel (just FYI my mobo using 790i ultra chipset and capable to change bios setting within NVIDIA control panel) which set my core-voltage to 1.35V... i don't why it set core-voltage to 1.35Vby default though

thanks for the help again!

0 Kudos