Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14601 Discussions

Speed Optimizer 2.0 Not Supported

Zedonius
Beginner

As requested by a moderator, I'm creating my own post regarding XTU and Speed Optimizer 2.0 not supported. 

Updated XTU a couple days ago and Automatic Overclocking no longer supported.  Only change was updating XTU.  

I have tried everything I could think of. 

Older Version. 

Gone through Bios settings with a fine tooth comb - no idea if there is a setting preventing it? 

Reinstalled Windows 11 with nothing but XTU on it and updated to latest drivers.  

Looked through here and tried the different methods (download the xml, uninstalled registry entries etc).  

TL;DR
Version 7.14.0.15 Worked.  
It auto-updated to 7.14.1.12 and stopped working.  0 system changes besides this. 

Went back to 7.14.0.15 with 0 system changes.  No longer works on this version as well anymore. 

Full reinstall of Windows 11 - No other software installed.  No other changes in Bios etc.  Still, Speed Optimizer 2.0 not supported.  

This is clearly a intel issue, or maybe Microsoft pushed some update that broke it? The fact it's impacting even the older versions is just odd.  It's like they added something for the newer chips and broken it on certain systems. 

I also cannot submit anything through the Intel Support Utility...

Hmmm… can't reach this page

Check if there is a typo in servicerequestmgmt.intel.com.

• If spelling is correct, try running network diagnostics with Get Help.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
Refresh
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Zedonius, 

Thank you for sharing this information and creating a new post. For now, I will be coordinating this with our team and post the update on this thread once a solution is already available. Thank you for your patience and cooperation

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
qubits
Novice

I am also seeing this problem after I updated XTU from 7.12.0.29 to 7.14.1.12 but now the Automatic Overclock button does not work. It has been broken since 7.14.0.15. I previously had to revert back to the older version.

It gives the message "Automatic Overclock not supported."

The settings are limited to the following defaults...
• Performance Core Ratio: 51X
• Efficient Core Ratio: 39x
• Core Voltage Offset: 0.000 V

It used to work on the earlier version and it would automatically apply the following settings...
• Performance Core Ratio: 54X
• Efficient Core Ratio: 43x
• Core Voltage Offset: 0.020 V

I ran a Benchmark of the settings immediately before updating and I was seeing 8348 marks

I checked if it would by using Manual Tuning using the previous settings and ran the Benchmark

• With Manual Tuning and Optimize Power & Current Limits disabled I see 8321 marks
manual tuning + optimisation disabled

• With Manual Tuning and Optimize Power & Current Limits enabled I see 8375 marks
manual tuning + optimisation enabled

Manual Tuning works but the Automatic Overclock feature is broken

System
- Asrock Z790 PG Lightning board with the latest BIOS

- 16GB DDR-5 4800

- Windows 11 23H2 (22631.3296)

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Zedonius and qubits,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us and for patiently waiting on our update. I want to let you know that we have already notified our XTU team about this issue and we will release an update soon on our website at this link: Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) to fix the issue. Although we cannot provide an estimated time at the moment, rest assured we are working Diligently on the issue with the Speed Optimizer.

For now, we will proceed in closing this case. Should you need further assistance in the future, do not hesitate to reach out to us and we will be there to assist you. 

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos