Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14551 Discussions

Speed Optimizer 2.0 Not supported on i5 13600k.

JackalNC700X
Beginner

Hello!

I recently updated my Extreme Tuning Utility while my Auto-Overclocking was still enabled and now it is saying it's not supported at all. What can I do to fix this? I have tried restoring all BIOS settings to default and uninstalling and reinstalling the XTU and also including all settings made. 

Any help would be very appreciated! Thank you!

EDIT: It does seem like the CPU is still being overclocked but how do get the Auto Overlock to work from the app?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
JackalNC700X
Beginner

I have also attached my System Support Utility Data sheet here.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello JackalNC700X, 

Thank you for posting in the communities and sharing your SSU logs. It will definitely helps us be familiar with your configuration. I just want to ask, what version of Extreme Tuning Utility did you recently updated to? Also, can you provide the link that you use for the update so we can check it for you? I will be waiting for your reply. Thank you!

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
JackalNC700X
Beginner
0 Kudos
JackalNC700X
Beginner

Hello again,

I just wanted to check in to see if there is a solution to fix my issue with the Auto Overclock function (Intel Speed Optimizer 2.0) not working.

0 Kudos
Daggert
Beginner

Hello i have the same problem.

After latest update i cannot optimize using the speed optimizer 2.0.

Did not change a thing.

Downloaded from https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/17881/intel-extreme-tuning-utility-intel-xtu.html

Thanks,

D

0 Kudos
Zedonius
Beginner

I to have the same problem.  Updated XTU a couple days ago and Automatic Overclocking no longer supported.  Only change was updating XTU.  

I have tried everything I could think of. 

Older Version. 

Gone through Bios settings with a fine tooth comb - no idea if there is a setting preventing it? 

Reinstalled Windows 11 with nothing but XTU on it and updated to latest drivers.  

Looked through here and tried the different methods (download the xml, uninstalled registry entries etc).  

I do have the Intel Application Optimizer installed now thinking that may help.. nope.  Uninstalled since it supports like 15 games (None I own).  

This is clearly a intel issue, or maybe Microsoft pushed some update that broke it? The fact it's impacting even the older versions is just odd.  It's like they added something for the newer chips and broken it on certain systems. 

I also cannot submit anything through the Intel Support Utility...

Hmmm… can't reach this page

Check if there is a typo in servicerequestmgmt.intel.com.

• If spelling is correct, try running network diagnostics with Get Help.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
Refresh

0 Kudos
JackalNC700X
Beginner
Appreciate the info. I did a full reset of my PC and it seems my CPU is stuck in Overclock mode even after this and double checked to make sure that XTU was not installed or running somehow. BIOS settings are all set to auto as well. It just doesn’t make any sense.
0 Kudos
Zedonius
Beginner

Turbo boost is still going to adjust the CPU based on load, but it won't overclock.  

I can use the MSI Utility no problem to do it's own thing, but I'd prefer to use xtu since it did work.  Wish it was more clear on "WHY" my processor magically is no longer supported by XTU after updating it.  Things like this bug me, especially when their own support tools fail. 

0 Kudos
JackalNC700X
Beginner

I just realized it was because my power settings were still set to High-Performance mode in the control panel. I changed it to balanced and then my idle clock speed went down. I was worried about that for a little bit. I still cant use the speed optimizer 2.0.

0 Kudos
TheWonderfulPie
New Contributor I

I'm having the exact same issue, with a 13600K as well.

I've set my BIOS to its absolute defaults. I don't know if older versions of XTU would have worked for me, because Intel doesn't provide a link for those older versions, and it's my first time using this software

I've attached the SSU and the XTU logs

0 Kudos
Zedonius
Beginner

I tried to revert to the previous version that worked.  Don't work in there either.  

Downloaded the version from the MSI Site. Don't work. 

Whatever happened, it broke it for the old versions as well (for me at least). 

I even downloaded the beta version of my bios, still, XTU automatic overclocking not supported.  Yet clearly the i5 13600k is supported and it worked before the most recent update. 

I gave up on it. 

0 Kudos
TheWonderfulPie
New Contributor I

@RamyerM_Intel please do something about this

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello JackalNC700X, 

Thank you for sharing this information. For now, I will be coordinating this with our team for further investigation. I will make sure to update this thread as soon as a resolution is available. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

I also noticed that our fellow community members, 

Daggert, Zedonius and TheWonderfulPie also experiences similar issue. Thank you for being active in this post and rest assured we want to help you too. I kindly request that you create a new thread for your case. This will allow us to focus on your specific problem and provide you with better assistance. Additionally, it will also help us on the visibility of this issue and avoid overtaking the original post. We will be on the look out of your newly created posts. Thank you. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello JackalNC700X, 

Thank you for reporting this issue to us and for patiently waiting for an update. I want to let you know that we have already notified our XTU team and we will release an update soon on our website at this link: Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) to have this resolved. Although we cannot provide an ETA at the moment, rest assured we are working Diligently on the issue with the Speed Optimizer. Thank you for your patience and cooperation. 

For now, we will proceed in closing this case. Should you need further assistance in the future, do not hesitate to reach out to us and we will be there to assist you. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos