Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14552 Discussions

Undervolting messed up when the fans start/stop blowing. Please help

VJeso
Beginner

Hi, can someone help me please?

I successfully undervolted my core and cache with the Intel XTU software on my Dell XPS 15 9550.

Before undervolting the cpu temps were between 30-40 °C and the fan usually kicked in at 40 °C and turned off at 30 or 35 °C.

But after undervolting the fans start to blow at 35 °C and want to cool down the cpu under 30 °C but that's impossible because the ambient temps are around 30 °C.

Can someone help me with that? It's driving me crazy. But I don't want the voltage offsets set back to 0.

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What is your processor model number?

Doc

0 Kudos
VJeso
Beginner

i7 6700HQ

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

VJeso, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Just to let you know, altering clock frequency or voltage (overclocking/undervolting) may damage or reduce the useful life of the processor and other system components, and may reduce system stability and performance. Product warranties may not apply if the processor is operated beyond its specifications.

Additionally, the processor that you are using is not unlocked, the unlocked units are the ones that support overclocking /undervolting, you can recognize them because the model ends with a K or X.

So what we recommend is to get in contact directly with Dell for them to let you know how to restore the BIOS settings to default values and provide further assistance on this matter.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician   

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos