Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14641 Discussions

XTU update.

spooledup
New Contributor I

Just updated XTU. The update blew out all of my OC settings and I cannot update them. The "Apply" doesn't highlight when I make a change.  Do you even test this crap before you push it on people?? Now I have to come on this site and register?  All of my OC settings are gone. All of the testing and adjustments I have to go through again! TEST YOUR SOFTWARE UPDATES. z690-a motherboard and 12700k cpu.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
spooledup
New Contributor I
  • What is the XTU version you installed?  7.8.1.20
  • What installation steps did you follow? Used the windows installer. 
  • Is the Apply option gray-out? Yes, and when I try to change a multiplier it doesn't change color and allow the update.
  • Do you receive any error messages? If so, please provide me with a screenshot of the error message. No error message. The "Apply" button just doesn't do anything. 

Just tried the new version that came out yesterday 7.9.0.24. The problem is fixed in this version.

Regards.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
spooledup
New Contributor I

Where can get the old versions of XTU?

0 Kudos
spooledup
New Contributor I

The XTU update disabled P and E core control in my BIOS. The update should NOT change any BIOS configuration parameters!

0 Kudos
spooledup
New Contributor I

When I enabled P and E core control in BIOS XTU allowed me to "Apply" the changes. Now when I go back in to XTU it won't let me change the multiplier even though P and E core control are still enabled in the BIOS "Apply" doesn't become highlighted. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello spooledup,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• What is the XTU version you installed?
  • What installation steps did you follow?
  • Is the Apply option gray-out?
  • Do you receive any error messages? If so, please provide me with a screenshot of the error message.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
spooledup
New Contributor I
  • What is the XTU version you installed?  7.8.1.20
  • What installation steps did you follow? Used the windows installer. 
  • Is the Apply option gray-out? Yes, and when I try to change a multiplier it doesn't change color and allow the update.
  • Do you receive any error messages? If so, please provide me with a screenshot of the error message. No error message. The "Apply" button just doesn't do anything. 

Just tried the new version that came out yesterday 7.9.0.24. The problem is fixed in this version.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello spooledup,

I appreciate your response.

I am glad to know you found a solution, since the thread is solved we will close it now.  

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos