Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14555 Discussions

danger of overheating an i7-3770T processor

rwegm
Beginner

Hello

I run a Intel Core i7-3770T in an Impactics Mini-ITX case with passive cooling. When I run the processor in this case more than 4 hours (room temperature 25°Celsius) the processor temperature reaches 63°Celsius (max. TCase 69.8°Celsius). In the Specifications Intel mentions the "Thermal-Monitoring-Technology". Does this Technology protect the i7-3770T protect from Overheating?

Or it is better to use a processor with a less max. TDP.

Further: Could it be possible, that the Intel HD Graphics get's erroneous if an i7-3770T works around 60-63°Celsius? After 4 hours the colours gets bad and unstable.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

In this case, even if the temperature is a bit high, the processor is not overheating because it is still below TCase. May I ask, is this happening while the computer is idle or processing data?

I suggest checking if this passive cooling is correctly integrated, making proper contact with the processor, and if it complies with the 45W TDP required by the Intel® i7-3770T.

With this part verified, and default settings in BIOS, you may run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool.

http://www.intel.com/support/processors/sb/CS-031726.htm Processors — What is the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool?

0 Kudos