Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14555 Discussions

how to ID a non standard maked slot I CPU

idata
Employee

I have a slot 1 Pentiume III that does not have the standard identifications.

top line: Intel Confidential QA8!ES

second line: 99190390-0440 MAYLAY

third line: i (m) (c) 98 80525PZ2533512

I need to know the speed, cache, and voltage

the motherboard I want to use it in is an N440BX server that runs fine, but I want to upgrade from P II 450's to faster.

Thanks

oh yes, I do have a resistor network to put in the secondary slot.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Adolfo_S_Intel2
Employee

At this moment we have not received any notification about a processor issue like the one that you are reporting, so this seems to be just one of those very few defective processors.

Your processor is marked as an engineering sample. This is a pre-production part that is distributed to hardware and software manufacturers to allow them to develop products prior to the introduction of a processor.

Since it is not a production unit, it does not have warranty coverage, and performance is not guaranteed.

I recommend you return it to your place of purchase for a refund or a replacement.

We do not handle any way to properly identify an Intel Confidential (Engineering Sample ES) processor.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I bought it several years ago, along with some others, on an auction.

two I know are marked, so I know what they are, and cannot now return them.

So, it looks like my only way to be sure would be to plug it into a motherboard that would automatically do the correct voltage. I have 3 intel boards, two I don't think could do it. one might. Another might if it is the right revision.

I need to locate the data for an L440GX motherboard. Might be on one of my hard drives, but always hard to find years later. the system I run now does not like the older smaller hard drives, it seems, at least not with a USB adapter.

Thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos