Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14562 Discussions

i3-2350M Normal Temperatures

idata
Employee

Hello. I am using a Dell Inspiron N5050 laptop with a i3-2350M processor. The laptop was having an overheating problem so I cleaned it out, reapplied thermal paste, and purchased a cooling pad.

I am wondering what the normal operating temperatures are. Currently with 6 tabs open, aswell as Steam running the current temperatures (according to SpeedFan) are:

HD0: 32C

Temp1: 47C

Core0: 44C

Core1: 45C

When the computer was under a 25% load the temperature got to ~55-60C.

I've tried looking on google for the temperatures but the numbers are all over the place and none of them are for this particular processor.

Also, I wanted to know if Antec Nano Diamond F7 was a good paste to use. I usually use Arctic Silver 5 but I decided to try Antec because that was all they had in stock when I went (that and it seemed like a good paste).

The overheating problem seems to be fixed but I wanted to make sure that it's running as well as it can.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Alright it seems the max operating temperature is 85C. I'd still like to know if the current temperatures seem normal for the load or if it may be getting a little hotter than it should.

Also, looking for any information on whether the Antec paste is good or if I should just go back to my tried and true Arctic Silver 5.

0 Kudos