Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14720 Discussions

i5-11600K overheat with AIO (50°C idle/100°C stress test or playing basic games)

Kayzo
Beginner

Hello, noticed high temps with my CPU and did not find any solution for me yet.

I get immediately 100°C with stress test and doing basic games like CSGO with 90-100°C. While PC is idle i get around 50°C. Even when i start PC i get immediately 45-50°C. 

While CPU stress test i can see thermal throttling.

With AIO water cooling (looking working normally), Thermal Compound - thermal grizzly , fans set to full speed, (2intake fans, 3 exhaust fans) i dont think so it is normall. 

PC
MB: Asus Rog Strix B560-G Gaming WIFI
CPU: Intel i5-11600K
COOLER: SilverStone PF240 PermaFrost ARGB
GPU: Asus Dual RTX3060 8GB
RAM: HyperX Predator RGB XMP, DDR4, DIMM, 3200 MHz, 16 GB (2x 8 GB)
PSU: Corsair TX650M
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD 500GB
CASE: FSP Fortron CST310
WIN: Win 10 Pro

Kayzo_0-1695844167445.png

Honestly, i dont think so its some type of water cooling aio problem, or thermal compound, or airflow from fans in pc case. I read many articles about undervoltinig this cpu, locking all cores same mHz etc...

Ichecked AIO, while stress test, one pipe from pump is super hot, one is like body temperature, while idle, one is body temperature and i i can feel with my hand is cold. Radiator same, one half hot one cold.  RPM Aio pump full speed, air fans same.

Never change any bios settings or somethink like that, but i probably think its some CPU problem or bios, or running backroud programs, i really dont know

Many thanks for any help. Jakub

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @Kayzo

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

We understand that you are worried about the temperature you are having, however, keep in mind that is not necessarily a cause for concern.

When the system is idle, the temperature of the processor is not as high as when the system is running a workload. Having temperature spikes or having high or maximum temperatures while running a workload—such as games—isn't necessarily cause for concern. Intel processors constantly monitor their temperature and can rapidly adjust their frequency and power consumption to prevent overheating and damage.

Nonetheless, we recommend you follow this article: Overheating Symptoms and Troubleshooting for Intel® Boxed Processors

Once every step has been taken, in order to have more information about your system, please download, install and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. Make sure you check “Everything” before you scan, then save the report and attach it to your response.

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Kayzo
Beginner

Hello,

I already go trough article about overheating symptoms and check everything.

Report from Intel System support Utility, as well monitor log while doing stress test with Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, is already attached in my first post in this thread.

Thank you for your time Jose, hope you can help me.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Kayzo

Thank you for your reply.

According to the report, the BIOS is not up to date. The current version is 0403, while the latest is 1901, please update it. Once it’s been updated, please load the default BIOS settings.

Let us know if there is any improvement.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Kayzo
Beginner

Hi Jose,

Updated bios to newest version, set defualt bios settings and no improve in temperatures. Same as before.
Idle(straight after i turn on my pc, without any programs running): ~50°C
Running base game (immediately): ~100°C
(running FANS max speed)

385529914_1666521643841766_4208093346992322358_n.png

Something else comes to your mind, what could help me?

Thanks, Jakub

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Kayzo

Thank you for working with us.

We will check the issue internally, as soon as we have any update we will let you know.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Kayzo

Thank you for patiently waiting.

Have you contacted the system manufacturer to see if there are some default overclocking settings in BIOS? If not, please do.

Is it possible for you to perform a swap test? (Using another compatible processor).

Please make sure your graphics drivers is up to date.

Then, please download, run and generate the report from Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Kayzo

We hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to contact the system manufacturer? Please confirm if it was possible to perform the swap test and update the drivers.

Let us know if you still need assistance by attaching the required report. 

Best regards,  

Jose B.   

0 Kudos
Kayzo
Beginner

Hi Jose,

1. I contacted Asus about default overclocking settings in BIOS (They are just collecting some information from me about pc setup)
2. Did not find someone to borrow me other intel CPU  with same socket to do a swap test
3. Graphics drivers are always updated. (Updated today new latest version)
4. Attached full report from Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool.

5. I changed thermal compound for fresh one (Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme) not big changes, idle goes down to 43-46°C (from 50), but stress test and basic games still immediately 100°C.

I am maybe wondering, that my water cooling aio SilverStone PF240 PermaFrost ARGB, (even if fans, pump, looks working, checked again everything, i can feel with hand heat removing through pipe to radiator) that this cooling system is maybe not working properly/or it is crap.... so i am wondering if i should buy big air metal cooler from Noctua, to see if it wont help. What you think?

Many thanks for you, trying to help me
Jakub

0 Kudos
Kayzo
Beginner

Hi, i have reply from Asus support.

They said that 45°C in bios is normal and if i have updated bios to newest version, set defualt setting in bios, cpu is not working in any overclocked settings and should have normal working mode. He says that it is probably some CPU issue or cooler issue and he reccomend me to do CPU swap test, or cooler swap test.

So what is your opinion? Should i buy air classic air cooler to do cooler swap test? Cuz as i say, i dont have another CPU to swap and test it.

Thanks,
Jakub

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Kayzo

Thank you for the information provided.

Intel does not comment on or provide recommendations regarding competitor's products, our vendors, suppliers, or customers. However, we will continue to work on your case internally. As soon as we have updates we will let you know.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Kayzo

Thank you for patiently waiting.

We highly recommend checking on your cooling system.

Then, please check the power plan settings:

1.    Press Windows + R.

2.    In the Run window, type powercfg.cpl and press OK.

3.    Under Choose or customize a power plan, the currently selected power plan is displayed (set to Balanced by default). To the right of the current power plan, select the option for Change plan settings.

4.    Click Change advanced power settings.

5.    Scroll down, find Processor power management and expand it.

6.    Expand Maximum processor state.

7.    Double-click On battery and set the value to 100, then do the same for Plugged in.

8.    Click Apply, then click OK to exit.

Let me know the outcome.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Kayzo

We hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the power plan settings? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Jose B.   

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Kayzo

We hope you are having a nice day. 

We have not heard back from you. So, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards. 

Jose B.  

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos