Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14555 Discussions

i7 3610QM is on energy saver mode when power plan is on high performance

idata
Employee

I7 3610QM 2.3ghz turbo boost up to 3.3ghz

GPU: HD7970m

Processor rate is set to minimum 100% and maximum 100%, system cooling policy is on. Whenever i'm gaming, processor will automatically switch to energy saver mode every few minutes and my fps immediate drops to 16 to 25 which i normally getting 70 to 80 fps when processor is running at 3.1 ghz. (I'd gladly upload a picture but seems that i'm bugged with uploading feature)

Is there anyway i can turn off energy saver mode? Or just any other suggestion that can solve with low processing rate with my processor.

By the way, i tried turn off system policy, and set minimum processor rate to 99%, it doesn't help with any of these.

Humbly seeking suggestion from you guys and hopefully can solve this.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DArce
Valued Contributor III

The power saving features will depend on how your laptop manufacturer has configured the system to work.

What you can test is disabling features as Enhanced Intel® SpeedStep® Technology (EIST) in the system BIOS and any other energy saving feature in the BIOS.

You may need to check with your laptop manufacturer for further information on this and to locate these options in your system.

0 Kudos