Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14713 Discussions

i9-14900K Crash With Blue Screen & Freezing

Mahibur
Novice

Hi Intel Support Team,

I bought a PC with an i9-14900K, GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS MASTER, RTX 4070ti, and THERMALRIGHT AQUA ELITE 360 V3 ARGB AIO.

It suddenly crashes with a blue screen and freezes.

please help me.

8 Replies
AlexSoph
Novice

I have the exact same issue. It happens at random times clock_watchdog_timeout, I have no CPU OC or XMP enabled.

0 Kudos
Mahibur
Novice

@AlexSophVery bad luck.

Waiting for response from Intel team.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Mahibur  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I understand that you are having this BSODs and freezing, I will do my best to assist you here. 

1. Check the recommended steps in this article and try them out: Blue Screen Error (BSOD) While Using Intel® Processors 
  2. If the issue persists after doing the troubleshooting steps above, please test the processor and attach the following reports to have more information about your system: 

Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool 

Note: Please attach the complete Screenshot or click on "File", select the "View Results File" option, save and attach the report. 

Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) 

Note: Click on the "Stress Test" tab and "Start Testing" and then, attach a complete screenshot. Please perform all the tests possible. 

Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Please confirm which steps you performed along with the test results, If applicable. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Mahibur
Novice

Thank you for the quick response.

My engineer resolved the issue; it was processor overheating. He controlled temperatures by underclocking. Now, it's working fine with a slight performance decrease.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @AlexSoph  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I am sorry to hear what is happening with your processor. 

Since you have a different system, please open your thread so we can assist you with a more personalized perspective. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Mahibur, 

Thanks for the confirmation. I understand you had to underclock your processor to be able to fix the crashes and blue screen of death issues you had. I will proceed to close this thread, however, you can open a new one in case you need further support or if you face any issues with our products.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Naveed1
Beginner

Hi,

I have the same Processor i9-14900k, and Brand new opened from box.

It keeps crashing with BSOD, while booting. If boots ok, it crashed after some time.

I have Liquid Cooling System, and temperature is normal.

Why does this must need to underclock to work without BSOD?

Power Supply : Corsair 1000W,

RAM : Corsair DDR5

Motherboard : PRIME Z790-P-CSM (Bios Ver. 1604)

0 Kudos
Mahibur
Novice

@Naveed1, I think this is not a similar issue.

Please open a new thread with detailed information so that the intel support team can assist you with a more personalized perspective.

Thanks.

0 Kudos